Thursday, March 13, 2014

8 Weeks In

This week has been pretty hit or miss for me. Some parts are healing nicely, and others I've made way worse by scratching. I was moisturizing like crazy because I couldn't stand how my neck looked, but it made my skin much worse. I've found that my face can tolerate moisturizing. It doesn't bother it at all. The rest of my body gets itchy and I end up scratching it raw in the middle of the night when I have no control. The moisture on my skin also allows the skin to rip more easily, unfortunately. So, no more moisturizer on my body. I've kept up the Epsom salt baths and they make me feel so much better.

Chest and neck. So bad! I scratched it completely raw about 2 days ago.

Neck. Healing scratches.

My back is doing way better. Almost healed.


My face has been worse. My upper lip and chin area is the worst. I haven't been waking up super dry.

Left arm. Best this has looked in forever!

Right arm.

I have been in a lot of pain for the last 48 hours. I had moisturized and then gone to bed. I woke up kind of sweaty, so I started scratching. I could literally hear the skin ripping. I could barely move my neck without stabbing pain until this afternoon. I decided to take a shower because I hate washing my hair any other way, and then immediately had to take a salt bath because I was so itchy. After I soaked my neck for awhile and it dried out, it felt much better. It had hurt so much the past few days that I hadn't even dared to get it wet. It was oozing and bleeding. 

So, lesson for this week: no more moisturizing the really bad parts! The scabs healing with the itchy dryness are beyond discomfort. Not worth it for a little bit of "better" looking skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment